Order your copy here
Once again, the last 12 months have seen the global office products (OP) industry continue to change substantially:
- Overall demand for traditional OP has been in long term decline in many countries: is this accelerating?
- OP distributors continue to report increasing sales of alternative product categories and services, particularly facilities supplies: which categories are now growing fastest?
- Managed print services (MPS) are taking greater share from ‘transactional’ sales of printer cartridges: how great has been the effect of this?
- A global tariff war appears to be looming: how will this affect the OP industry?
- Distributor margins continue to be under pressure in all countries: how can distributor margins be sustained?
- Former multinational OP distributors continue to be dismantled: what have been the effects of this in Europe?
- Amazon – with its Amazon Business operation firmly established in many countries – is now widely recognised as the fast-growing player in this market: what kind of share does Amazon have now?
- New channels of distribution are increasingly being reported by vendors: who are these emerging companies?
- The OP wholesale channel continues to be in a state of change: how will the next few years look for wholesaling?
In such turbulent times, senior industry executives need a reliable yardstick against which to assess their own perceptions and strategies. Martin Wilde Associates (MWA) – specialist researchers to the global OP market – and OPI, the global OP industry publisher, are proud to announce the launch of the seventh edition of their annual research study, “The State Of The OP Industry 2019-20”, which aims to be a ‘must have’ authoritative sourcebook for the OP industry, which:
- Investigates the state of the OP markets in the US, Canada, Benelux, France, Germany, UK and Australia in detail.
- Is based on insights and data collected from in-depth and online interviews with c45-50 senior OP industry executives in the US (c10 interviews), Canada (c4), Benelux (c3), France (c7), Germany (c7), UK (c10) and Australia (c4).
- Collates and reports the 2019 financial performance of the key 15 OP distributors in the US, Europe and Australia, as well as the main industry events of 2019.
- Includes analysis and commentary from Martin Wilde, who has unrivalled experience of researching the global OP market. supplemented by further data and analysis from OPI, the leading global OP industry magazine.
The data collected from these senior OP industry executives will aim to answer the following questions for each country market covered by the study:
- The value of the core OP market in 2019 and 2020.
- Core OP market growth trends in 2019 and 2020.
- The value of the addressable facilities supplies market in 2019.
- Respondents’ overall revenue and margin trends in 2019 and 2020.
- The share of respondents’ sales accounted for by JanSan supplies, breakroom/catering supplies, workwear/PPE, business gifts/promotional products, MPS and wellbeing/ergonomic products in 2019 and 2020.
- Key growing and declining product categories in 2019 and 2020.
- Key growing and declining distribution channels in 2019 and 2020.
- The share of respondents’ sales in e-commerce and own label products in 2019 and 2020.
- Amazon’s share of the core OP market in 2019.
- New channels being used by OP companies in 2019.
- The effects of the breakup of global OP distributors.
- The future of OP wholesaling.
- The effects of a possible global tariff war.
To download a copy of the brochure, please click on the link below:
This authoritative industry-wide report is available for only £650 if ordered before 31st January 2020, and for £899 thereafter.
Research for the study will commence in February 2020, with the report being published in April 2020
Order your copy here