A NEW ERA?
The global business products (BP) industry this side of the COVID pandemic is looking very different to the one that went into it. Amazon now typically accounts for at least a quarter of manufacturers’ sales and is rising rapidly: for many, the prime focus is now to maximise opportunities and minimise risks by asking some key questions:
- What is the current market penetration of Amazon and Amazon Business and what can resellers still do to respond to Amazon?
- Which new product areas have emerged as opportunities?
- Which new channels/distributors have emerged as opportunities?
- How important are online marketplaces/platforms and which are the key players at present?
- How have the changes in ownership of ‘big boxes’ in 2021 affected the market and who (if anyone) is now in the best position to service the corporate sector?
- What will be the effect on BP companies of the ending of government support for businesses during the pandemic?
- Which factors (raw materials, labour, logistics, fuel) will represent the greatest inflationary threat for BP businesses in 2022 and what responses are planned to adapt to this?
These questions demand reliable answers from trusted sources. “The State Of The Industry 2021-2022”, the ninth edition of Martin Wilde Associates’ (MWA) and OPI’s annual research study, provides those answers by asking some of the best minds in the industry – the senior executives running the major BP companies around the world – these and many other vital questions.
Based on c45 in-depth and online interviews with senior executives in Australia, Benelux, Canada, France, Germany, the UK and the USA, the survey will also focus on the crucial KPIs that the COVID crisis has been affecting:
- What were respondents’ overall revenue and margin trends in 2021 and 2022?
- What share of distributors’ sales were accounted for by JanSan supplies, breakroom/catering supplies, workwear/PPE and MPS in 2021 and 2022?
- What share of resellers’ sales were via the web in 2021 and what will this share be in 2022?
- What were resellers’ average order values in 2021 and what will this be in 2022?
- What was the value – and growth trends – of the core office products market in 2021 and 2022?
As always, the research will also report on respondents’ perceptions of the main growth (and declining) product categories and channels in 2021 and 2022, as well as detailing the 2021 financial performance of the key 15 BS distributors in the US, Europe and Australia.
Research for the study will commence in January 2022, with the report being published in April 2022.
The BP industry is entering a new era: more than ever, your future business strategy needs reliable, informed input from peers and competitors which The State Of The BP Industry 2021-2022 can provide.
The report is available for only £690 if ordered before 31st March 2022, and for £950 thereafter.