Once again, the last 12 months have seen the global office products (OP) industry continue to evolve fundamentally and substantially:
- With economic recovery established in most markets, overall demand for OP appears to be lagging behind. How have manufacturers and resellers responded to this challenge, and with what success?
- Many traditional OP items are now in structural decline, while demand for new products – such as FM supplies – is increasing. In which products should manufacturers and resellers invest, and which should be reviewed?
- Reseller margins and profits continue to be under pressure: which types of OP reseller have ‘bucked the trend’, and how have they managed to do so?
- Profound changes are occurring in the structure of supply: e-commerce (including Amazon) is now firmly established as the dominant OP ordering method in many countries, while traditional channels continue to be challenged. What channels have won and lost share in 2015 and which are most expected to benefit in 2016?
- There has been significant merger and acquisition activity in 2015: what have been the results of this and who or what will be next?
- What will the future of the OP industry look like, with or without the Staples/Depot merger?
In such turbulent times, senior industry executives need a reliable yardstick against which to assess their own perceptions and strategies. Martin Wilde Associates (MWA) – specialist researchers to the global OP market – and OPI, the global OP industry magazine, are proud to announce the launch of the third edition of their annual research study, “The State Of The OP Industry 2015-16”, which aims to be a ‘must have’ authoritative sourcebook for the OP industry, which:
- Investigates the OP markets in the US, Canada, Benelux, France, Germany, UK and Australia in detail.
- Is based on insights and data collected from in-depth and online interviews with c65 senior OP industry executives in the US (c10 interviews), Canada (c6), Benelux (c5), France (c8), Germany (c10), UK (c10) and Australia (c4).
- Collates and reports the 2015 financial performance of the key 15 OP resellers in the US and Europe.
- Includes analysis and commentary from Martin Wilde, who has unrivalled experience of researching the global OP market. supplemented by further data and analysis from OPI, the leading global OP industry magazine.
The data collected from these senior OP industry executives will aim to answer the following questions for each country market covered by the study:
- What was the value of the OP market in 2015?
- What happened to sales volumes, margins and profits in 2015?
- How will sales volumes, margins and profits change in 2016?
- What will be the value of the OP market in 2016?
- Which product categories are growing or declining?
- Which product categories will win or lose in 2016?
- Which distribution channels won or lost in 2015?
- What are the prospects for key channels in 2016?
- What were the defining industry events in 2015?
- What are expectations for the OP industry 2016, including the rise of Amazon and the attempted Staples/Office Depot merger?
Research for the study will commence in February 2016, with the report being published in April 2016.
This authoritative industry-wide report is available for only US$800 (£500) if ordered before 21st February 2016, and for US$1,200 (£750) thereafter.
To download a copy of the brochure, please click on the link below
To order your copy, please click here !