OPI’s very own Steve Hilleard was recognised by the UK office products industry last night when he took home the Outstanding Achievement prize at this year’s BOSS Awards.
Hilleard was presented with his award by David Langdown, Chief Marketing Officer at Focus7 International. Langdown congratulated the OPI CEO on his contribution to the UK and global office products industry over the past 25 years, and on his tireless fundraising efforts in support of medical research bodies such as the Institute of Cancer Research and City of Hope.
“It was an enormous surprise and a very special evening,” said Hilleard. “To receive such recognition from the sector I have enjoyed serving for three decades is truly humbling, and sharing that moment with my wife and so many friends and industry colleagues is a memory I will treasure.”
The Outstanding Achievement category capped off the 2019 BOSS Awards at a packed Tower Guoman Hotel in London, with the evening hosted by well-known UK actress and writer Lucy Porter. The day had earlier got off to a positive start at a sold-out BOSS Leaders of the Future event – this included a panel discussion with UK industry leaders Julie Hawley (Office Friendly), Simone Hindmarch (Commercial Group), Philip Beer (Hamelin) and Richard Ford (Spicers).
BOSS reported an excellent turnout at this year’s awards – with attendance around 25% up on last year – which highlights the good job the association is doing in bringing the UK business supplies industry together.
Below is the full list of the award winners:
- Brand Manufacturer: Fellowes Brands
- Dealer Excellence (up to £5 million): Office Oracle
- Dealer Excellence (over £5 million): Paperstone
- E-Business Award: Office Power
- Initiative of the Year: BIC – Tour de France incentive
- New Product of the Year: Safescan – TimeMoto
- Outstanding Achievement: Steve Hilleard, OPI
- Professional of the Year: Helen Wade, VOW Wholesale
- Emerging Professional of the Year: Scott Castle (VOW Wholesale) and Alex Stone (Office Friendly)
- Publication of the Year: Exertis
- Service Provider of the Year: Office Friendly
- Sustainable Business Award: Commercial Group
- BOSS Apprentice of the Year: Jo Pethard, United
- Unsung Heroes: Steve Blowers (VOW), Marilyn Caster (Office Friendly), Matthew Allen (VOW), Rebecca Brook (VOW), Sarah Whale (VOW), Levhayne Manning (BSL-IT), Advantia Customer Service Team, Phil Baylis (Trodat)
Congratulations to all the winners.