The winners of the 16th European Office Products Awards (EOPA) were announced during a special presentation dinner in Amsterdam on Wednesday evening.
The annual EOPA were once again presented as part of OPI’s Partnership event – which this year for the fourth time brings together senior executives from Europe’s reseller and vendor communities for strategic one-to-one meetings – at the Hotel Okura in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
The winners were announced during an evening of fine food, fabulous entertainment and an enthusiastic and interactive industry toast by Thomas Glatzel, SVP Direct at Office Depot Europe.
EOPA 2017 winners:
- Product Development of the Year: tesa – tesa Glue Stamp ecoLogo
- Business Product of the Year: Pilot Corporation of Europe – FriXion range
- Product Design of the Year: Fellowes – AeraMax Professional AMII Air Purifier
- Innovation of the Year: Brother International Europe – Brother QL-800 label printer series
- Product Video of the Year: Newell Brands – Discover Sharpie. For marking everywhere
- Dealer Group of the Year: Calipage
- Reseller of the Year – sales under €100 million: iba
- Reseller of the Year – sales over €100 million: Büromarkt Böttcher
- Vendor of the Year: Fellowes
- Wholesaler of the Year: Exertis Supplies
- Marketing Initiative: Fellowes – ‘Keep it Confidential’ with The World’s Toughest Shredders
- Young Executive of the Year: Aaron Hopkinson, Assistant Product Manager – Document Management, Brother UK
- Professional of the Year: Beth Wright, Chief Commercial Officer, Bi-silque
- Industry Achievement: Georges Gaspard
Last but certainly not least came the presentation of a rather unexpected Special Recognition award which went to OPI’s very own Lisa Haywood. Introduced by CEO Steve Hilleard, Lisa was recognised for dedicating the past 20 professional years of her life to OPI events and working tirelessly so that events like Partnership and EOPA – and many others across the globe – can bring our industry together. A very warm thank you and well done from Steve and all the OPI team to Lisa!
Read a full review of this year’s Partnership and EOPA in the April issue of OPI.