It was a busy day yesterday for the UK’s BOSS Federation and the country’s office products channel in general.
Gathering in Manchester, the trade association held both its Leaders of the Future (LOTF) conference and annual awards ceremony, with a strong turnout for each.
The LOTF event that took place during the day featured an inspirational keynote address by Leanne Spencer, who provided great insight on mental and physical well-being in life and at work. This was followed by roundtable sessions hosted by six experienced UK business products execs. BOSS Chairman Simon Drakeford then wrapped things up, summarising the day’s key takeaways.
Drakeford was back in action shortly afterwards, giving an introduction to the awards evening. BOSS CEO Amy Hutchinson and LOTF co-Chairs Rachael Lewis and Alex Stone also provided updates.
Then, it was on to the awards themselves. The 2022 winners were:
- Brand Manufacturer of the Year: Neomounts by Newstar
- Business Leader of the Year: Tim Holmes, Exertis
- Campaign of the Year: Aston and James
- Dealer Excellence (under £5 million): Go2
- Dealer Excellence (over £5 million): ACS Group
- Diversity & Inclusion Award: Lyreco UK & Ireland
- E-Business Award: Paperstone
- Independent Retailer: Stationery Supplies
- New Product – Office: ACCO Brands – Leitz Recycle range
- New Product – Facilities: Beeswift – Envirowear
- Outstanding Team Effort: EVO E-Commerce Design Team
- Service Provider of the Year: United Managed Services
- Sustainable Leadership: Lyreco UK & Ireland
- Wholesaler of the Year: JGBM
- Rising Star: Gerardas Kupciunas: Exertis Supplies
- Apprentice of the Year: Sharon Kleeman: United Managed Services
- Unsung Heroes: Linda Trapps (EVO), Claire Hallum (ExaClair), Karen Casey (Office Friendly), Katie Low (VOW Wholesale)
- Professional of the Year: Carol Clarke, JGBM
- Industry Achievement: Sean Starkey
Congratulations to all the winners.