OPI has announced the release of The State Of The OP Industry Report 2014-15.
The latest edition – published by specialist OP market researchers Martin Wilde Associates (MWA) in collaboration with OPI – offers an in-depth analysis of the OP industry through answering a number of vital questions during this turbulent time.
- What was the value of the OP market in 2014?
- What happened to sales volumes, margins and profits in 2014?
- How will sales volumes, margins and profits change in 2015?
- What will be the value of the OP market in 2015?
- Which product categories are growing or declining?
- Which product categories will win or lose in 2015?
- Which distribution channels won or lost in 2014?
- What are the prospects for key channels in 2015?
- What were the defining industry events in 2014?
- What are expectations for the OP industry 2015?
One of the key findings is that 51% of senior OP executives interviewed said the value of the core OP market is believed to have declined by about 3-5% in key national markets in 2014.
The reasons cited for the decline varied slightly across each of the markets investigated, but included price competition, lack of innovation, digitisation, commoditisation and the economic recession.
Only 9% of interviewees said the value of the market had increased and almost all believed that they had bucked this downward trend, with their own sales outperforming the core OP market in 2014.
This extensive 327 page research study – based mainly on insights and data collected from 57 senior OP industry executives in major OP companies in the US, Canada, Benelux, France, Germany, UK and Australia – is a ‘must have’ authoritative sourcebook for the OP industry.
This industry-wide report is available now for only US$1,200 (£750).