OPI is delighted to announce that its upcoming State of the Industry (SOTI) report for the office supplies and business products industry is now available to pre-order at a discounted rate.
The 2022-2023 SOTI document will be the tenth edition of the annual report from Martin Wilde Associates and OPI. The actual research is getting underway this month and the report will be published in April. It is available for only £690 if ordered before 31 March 2023, and for £950 thereafter.
Around 45 in-depth and online interviews will be held with senior executives from companies in Australia, Benelux, Canada, France, Germany, the UK and the US. Following the turbulence experienced in 2022 and the uncertain economic outlook for 2023, business products vendors and distributors have been forced to ask some key questions:
Although prices have been increasing since 2022, what has been happening with volume demand and what strategies are being put in place to lessen the impact of any falling sales and market volumes?
- What has been the impact of the war in Ukraine?
- What has been the impact of the fall of the Euro and pound against the US dollar?
- What is the current market penetration of Amazon and Amazon Business and what can resellers do to respond to Amazon?
- Which new product areas have emerged as opportunities in 2022/2023?
- Which new channels/distributors have emerged as opportunities in 2022/2023?
- How important are online marketplaces/platforms and which are the key players at present?
SOTI 2022-2023 will provide answers to those questions. In addition, the survey will focus – as usual – on crucial KPIs for the industry, including:
- What are respondents’ overall revenue and margin trends in 2022 and 2023?
- What share of distributors’ sales are accounted for by jan/san supplies, breakroom/catering supplies, workwear/PPE and MPS in 2022 and 2023?
- What share of resellers’ sales are via the web in 2022 and 2023?
- What are resellers’ average order values in 2022 and 2023?
- What is the value of the core office products market in 2022 and 2023?
Once again, the research will also report on respondents’ perceptions of the main growth (and declining) product categories and channels in 2022 and 2023, as well as detailing the 2022 financial performance of the key 15 business products distributors in the US, Europe and Australia.
To order the report at the discounted price of £690 before 31 March 2023, please click here.