The first ever China Office Products Awards, to be held during Paperworld China and organised jointly by OPI and Paperworld China, will spotlight the achievements of the most vibrant and exciting office products companies operating in the region. Judged by an international panel of leading buyers and senior executives from the industry, these awards represent the highest benchmark in office products excellence.
This independent event is supported by leading organisations that wish to recognise the best business success across the region. The awards are open to any company that is operating in the region and cover all channels.
If your company has developed a blueprint for success and is innovating and developing great products and/or services, then the China Office Products Awards are the best opportunity to showcase your achievements and have them recognised by the international office products industry.
The entry process has commenced to find this year’s business champions. All entrants will be judged on specific category criteria. Open to companies of all sizes and sectors, this is the only all-encompassing programme for all office products businesses from across China. Entrants have until noon GMT on 31 August 2006 to submit their success story.
The current award categories are:
• Supplier of the year
• Exporter of the year
• Best product design
• Best packaging
• Customer service
• Corporate social responsibility
• Environmental responsibility
• Marketing initiative
• Best newcomer
• Reseller of the year
• Industry achievement
• Young professional
The success of all OPI awards is underpinned by their credibility and independence. The China judging panel will consist of 15 judges representing a broad mix of European, American and Asian countries, channels and disciplines.
Confirmed judges are:
• Albert Seet, managing director, Staples China
• Wilson Zhu, director of global sourcing, Office Depot, global
• Jim Fahey, SVP of merchandising, United Stationers, US
• Wade Gillett, director of global sourcing, OfficeMax, global
• Jan van Belleghem, director, InterACTION, pan-Europe
• Dobromir Antov, range development manager, Office 1 Superstore, pan-Europe
• Greg Shewmaker, VP, global sourcing, product development & quality, Corporate Express, global
• Tim Liu, CEO Asia EC, China
• Kenny Chang, CEO, O’Mart, China
• Mingyang Hu, Askul, Japan
• Xia Liao Yuan, Officebox, China
• Jouge Li, general manager, New Eastern Office, China
The awards will be presented at a special evening on 13 November 2006 in Shanghai’s Shangri-La Pudong Hotel, on the first night of Paperworld China (13-15 November).
More than 250 OP professionals from across the world are expected to attend this special event. It is a fantastic opportunity to raise your company profile not only in the China region but also at a global level.