Mergers and Acquisitions

0

The growth strategy of UK office supply company OyezStraker continues after the announcement that it has acquired two more independent dealers. OyezStraker has acquired 100 percent of both Newcastle-based Direct Business and Group Business located in the south-east of England, taking the group’s total turnover to $215 million ($430 million). This takes the number of acquisitions by OyezStraker in the last six months to five, following Dial Stat in December 2007, Trendex in January and PADS last month. (UK)

US office furniture maker izzy has agreed to acquire larger rival Jami. Jami is a holding company for four office furniture brands – Harter, Fixtures Furniture, Zoom Seating and ABCO – and employs over 400 people. izzy, which has just over 200 employees, says that each brand will continue to operate separately. "We do not intend to change what is already working well," said Chuck Saylor, founder and President of izzy. "Instead, through good design, and leveraging the input and knowledge of many talented people, each of these brands will continue to deliver on their individual brand promises, focusing on product solutions that add value for their customers." (MI, USA)

Danish office products manufacturer Probeco has acquired fellow manufacturer HD Design for an undisclosed sum. The deal went through on 1 May and all HD Design activity with customers and suppliers is now being handled by Probeco. Probeco specialises in self-adhesive and magnetic pockets and in laminating products, and has been a supplier to HD Design for the last 11 years. (DEN)

Dutch office workspace manufacturer Royal Ahrend has completed the full takeover of Czech office furniture manufacturer Techo. Ahrend acquired 75 percent of the Czech company in 2005 and has now bought the remaining 25 percent from Techo founder Jiri Kejval for an undisclosed sum. Kejval, who remains Techo board chairman, said the acquisition should be Ahrend’s springboard for expansion into central and eastern Europe. The group plans to open branches in Ukraine, Bulgaria and Georgia. (HOL)