Name: Christa Furter
Job title: Head of marketing
Company: iba ag, Switzerland
1. What was your first full-time job? I was a buyer for a mail order company.
2. What was your first vehicle/car? It was a Volkswagen Beetle.
3. Who was your pin-up as a teenager? Arnold Schwarzenegger.
4. What bad habits do you have? I can be very impatient.
5. What is your ideal night out? A night at the opera or a concert at the Salzburg Music Festival.
6. What was the first record you bought? ABBA’s Super Trouper.
7. If you could invite two famous people for dinner, who would they be, and why would you ask them? Bill Clinton for his charisma and economic knowledge and Pierce Brosnan for his good looks.
8. What makes you happy? Making others happy.
9. What makes you angry? Continuing to make the same mistakes and not improving.
10. What was your biggest mistake in life? I have made several mistakes but I learned from them.
11. Describe yourself in three adjectives. Determined, motivated and optimistic.
12. What is your favourite food and drink? Sushi and old, single-malt whisky.
13. What was your luckiest break? When I first met my husband.
14. If you could build your house anywhere, where would it be? Toscana, Italy.
15. What is your best piece of advice? Life is a permanent restart. As my landlady said to me in France: "Tu dois toujours recommencer…"
16. What is your favourite movie, and why? All James Bond movies because they make the impossible possible.
17. What sports teams do you support? The Austrian ski team (I am from Austria…)
18. What has been the best moment in your career? To develop a profitable business.
19. What has been the worst moment in your career? Once I had to participate on a restructuring process and had to lay off part of the team.
20. What would you like to be doing in five years’ time? I would like to be the managing director of my own business.
21. What has been your biggest achievement? To build up a business from scratch.
22. If you could be invisible for a day, what would you do? I’d go and see what’s happening in the Oval Office.
23. What is your IQ? It’s high enough to progress.
24. If you won the lottery, what would be the first item you would buy? Depends on how big the winning prize is. I would like to buy a company.
25. What is your biggest weakness? Impatience.
26. What is your greatest strength? My stamina.
27. Have you ever read a book that changed your life? Yes, the autobiography of Lee Iococca.
28. Which newspaper do you read? Neue Zürcher Zeitung.
29. How would you like to be remembered? As a generous person.
30. Any regrets? Only for things I have not yet done. There are still many things to do.