Name: Jere Koskimo
Job title: Managing director
1. What were your childhood ambitions? I have always wanted to be the managing director of our family business.
2. What was your first vehicle/car? A Saab 900.
3. What bad habits do you have? Smoking cigars.
4. Who was your idol as a teenager? Tom Cruise from Top Gun.
5. How do you like to relax? Spending time with my family, sailing and skiing.
6. Who do you admire? I think Jorma Ollila has done a remarkable job building up Nokia from a company close to bankruptcy to a firm that is affecting most people’s lives today.
7. What is your ideal night out? Going to a nice bar with friends – I don’t like night clubs where you can’t talk to each other.
8. What is your favourite movie, and why? Trading Places with Eddie Murphy – he’s a very funny actor.
9. What is your favourite food and drink? Sushi and beer.
10. What is your favourite holiday destination? The Maldives. I spent my honeymoon there…
11. If you could build your house anywhere, where would it be? Next to the sea in Espoo, Finland.
12. If you could invite two famous people for dinner, who would they be, and why would you invite them? Jorma Ollila and Tiger Woods because they have both been extremely successful in what they do.
13. Have you ever broken the law? Yes…
14. What makes you happy? My family.
15. What makes you angry? People who should be taking a look in the mirror rather than judging others.
16. What was your biggest mistake in life? I can’t say…
17. If you weren’t doing your present job, what job would you be doing? Probably be a stockbroker.
18. If you could be God for the day, what miracle would you perform? Stop wars.
19. Can money buy happiness? Perhaps not, but it can make life easier. Certainly in my family most fights are about money.
20. If you won the lottery, what would be the first item you would buy? A house by the sea.
21. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? Be more extrovert.
22. If you could be invisible for a day, what would you do? Follow my children to kindergarten and school.
23. Which three items would you take to a desert island? Mirror (not to look at myself, but to be found!), a filter that makes seawater drinkable and a lighter.
24. What has been the best moment in your career? Announcing last year’s best ever figures to our staff.
25. What has been the worst moment in your career? When I heard some devastating news about the family of one of our sales representatives recently.
26. If you could be a historical figure for a day, who would you be and why? Hitler – just for one day to find out what was going on inside his head.
27. What was your most embarrassing industry-related experience? I think I have that still ahead of me.
28. Describe the OP industry in three words. Challenging, interesting, motivating.
29. Describe yourself in three adjectives. Demanding, analytic, sometimes impatient.
30. How would you like to be remembered? As a loving father and a businessman who took our company to the next level.