With the shortlist out for this year’s European Office Products Awards (EOPA), it’s shaping up to be an unmissable event. So join the good and the great of the European business supplies sector on 8 March when the winners of the 16th EOPA will be announced during a Presentation Dinner at the Hotel Okura in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, as part of OPI’s Partnership event.
Nominations for the 14 categories flooded in during the autumn of last year. They were condensed down to the shortlist during the judges meeting in Geneva at the beginning of December. Below is a reminder of who’s in the running for an award this year. For tickets to the EOPA presentation dinner, email email@example.com or go to EOPA 2017. Bookings for the EOPA are open to anyone, not just attendees of OPI Partnership which is now sold out.
EOPA 2017 shortlist
Product Development of the Year
- Brother International Europe – Mono laser all-in-one MFC-L6900DW. Part of Brother’s all-new mono laser series, the MFC-L6900DW is a durable, robust mono laser machine designed for large businesses. The multifunction model is packed with practical features and is scalable thanks to its flexible paper handling options. It includes cloud functionality and a host of enterprise-level solutions.
- tesa – tesa Glue Stamp ecoLogo. The tesa Glue Stamp ecoLogo is fun to use and enables a faster way of working in time-pressed situations – the office being a good example – and meets the needs of heavy glue stick and glue roller users. Typical applications include the fixation of paper, pictures on paper and cardboard.
- The Navigator Company – Navigator Advanced. This new product in the Navigator range uses fewer natural resources as a result of its reduced grammage (75 g), combined with the usage of high quality virgin Eucalyptus globulus fibre (50%) and premium recycled fibres (50%).
- Trodat – The Trodat Professional 4.0. The new Trodat Professional 4.0 – in a convenient small size – addresses a number of customer needs, including easy and clean date and ink cartridge change. The solid metal construction and newly-designed handle, meanwhile, guarantee stability and durability with an appealing ergonomic design.
Business Product of the Year
- Epson Europe – WorkForce Pro RIPS series. The core technology behind the WorkForce Pro RIPS multifunction business printers is Epson’s replaceable ink pack system (RIPS). This enables up to 75,000 pages to be printed without replacing the ink thanks to its super-high-yield ink supply units.
- Fellowes – Privascreen Blackout Privacy Filters. The privacy filters prevent people from reading on-screen data when viewing it from a 30° side angle. They are suitable for a wide range of formats and sizes, including desktop computers, laptops, tables and smartphones.
- Newell Brands – DYMO LabelWriter 450. An efficient solution for professional labelling, filing and mailing needs, the LabelWriter 450 saves time and money in the office. It can be connected to both PCs or Macs and print from a wide range of software programs.
- Pilot Corporation of Europe – FriXion range. The use of thermal ink in Pilot’s FriXon range allows the easy correction of mistakes whether users are drawing or writing at work, home or in the office.
Product Design of the year
- Bi-silque – Prime Glass Mobile Easel. Contemporary and versatile, this mobile easel features a premium quality glass surface that never ghosts and gives a great writing experience. It can be used with any size easel pads and three sheets of paper at a time.
- Durable – LUCTRA FLEX. The LUCTRA FLEX is a cordless, portable, biologically-effective lighting solution for mobile working in the office or at home. It comes at a height of 136 cm and has an integrated battery that powers the lamp for up to nine hours.
- Esselte – Leitz Style Desktop Series. This is a high-end range of desktop accessories for the modern workplace, available in five colours.The focal point of the range is the LED desk lamp, operated manually or via a smartphone.
- Fellowes – AeraMax Professional AMII Air Purifier. This is a Fellowes air purifier for comparatively small public spaces such as washrooms, hotel rooms and healthcare consultation rooms where space is limited but the risk of airborne contamination potentially very high.
- Matting – Jobmate Touch. The Jobmate Touch provides a new way of working with an ergonomic mouse. The entire pad has a touch function that delivers a fast and direct feel.
Innovation of the Year
- 2020 Digital Media – 2020Pro. An advanced, cloud-based e-commerce solution and content management platform developed by UK wholesaler JGBM, 2020 Pro solves a wide range of digitisation issues for independent dealers.
- Acco Brands Europe – Nobo Nano Clean Steel Whiteboard. NanoClean is a new technology that creates a smooth finish on top of the whiteboard surface and which prevents pen ink from penetrating the whiteboard, ultimately preventing ghosting and prolonging the lifespan of the board.
- Brother International Europe – Brother QL-800 Label Printer series. The first set of two-colour direct thermal label printers for office and home use.
- Fellowes – Lotus Sit-Stand Workstation. An integrated sit-stand workstation that responds to in-depth consumer research and promotes a healthy work lifestyle and wellness in the office.
- Newell Brands – DYMO MobileLabeler. This is a labeller for the on-the-go user – small, lightweight and portable with Bluetooth connectivity for quick and seamless set-up and high-resolution printing from a smartphone. It comes with the free DYMO Connect mobile app.
Dealer Group of the Year
- Office Friendly
Reseller of the Year – revenues under €100 million
- Commercial Group
- Streit Service & Solution
Reseller of the Year – revenues over €100 million
- Büromarkt Böttcher
Vendor of the Year
- Epson Europe
Wholesaler of the Year
- Exertis Supplies
Product Video of the Year
- Avery UK – Avery Labels and Design & Print
- Esselte – Leitz Icon Labelprinter
- HP – Spectre Laptop
- Newell Brands – Discover Sharpie
- Schneider – Slider Pen Series
Marketing Initiative of the year
- Avery UK – Championing small businesses for the launch of Avery WePrint
- Brother International Europe –‘It’s less work with wireless’ campaign for the P-touch and QL device ranges
- Fellowes – ‘Keep it Confidential’ with The World’s Toughest Shredders
- Office Club – Cool Earth paper
- The Navigator Company – Around the World in 80 Pages Global Writing Contest
Young Executive of the Year / Professional of the Year / Industry Achievement Award: No shortlist – winners announced on the night