The European Office Product Awards 2019
Closing date for entries: 23 October 2018
Now in their 18th year, the European Office Products Awards (EOPA) are firmly established as the ultimate accolade for companies operating as the business supplies industry in Europe.
Recognising commercial performance, innovation and professionalism, these awards give you a unique platform to promote your company’s achievement and ensure it stands out from the competition.
There are 11 awards recognising the best products, initiatives, executives and companies in the industry. Please visit the “Categories”page for the full list of categories and criteria.
Winning can make a real difference to your business so make sure you take part!
Simply complete an entry form online before the deadline of 23 October 2018.
If you have any questions or need more information please email email@example.com
Entries are accepted in the following categories. The closing date is 23 October 2018.
Product of the Year
We are simply looking for great products!
This category is open to any product sold via the European business supplies sector. This could be a traditional office or technology product or one from the increasingly important adjacent categories such as Jan/San, breakroom, industrial or education. The judges are looking for:
- Evidence of commercial success
- Quality of product design and functionality
- Benefits for the consumer and the reseller
This category is open to products launched within the last two years.
Video of the Year
As video content becomes increasingly vital, companies that produce interesting, creative and informative videos to showcase their products, services or company while engaging the customer are reaping the rewards. Judges will be looking at how the video captures the viewers’ attention, brings the subject to life and conveys a message. Results will also be considered, either in terms of sales generated, customer engagement or enhancement of brand awareness.
Marketing Campaign of the Year
This category is open to any organisation that can clearly show the success of a specific marketing campaign. Judges will consider:
- Objectives of the campaign
- Understanding the target audience
- Marketing activity, innovative methods used, originality and creativity
- The return on investment generated
Campaigns that have not started, or are too new to have measureable results, will not be considered.
Initiative of the Year
Introduced last year, this award recognises any new initiative that has been implemented and has had a positive impact on your organisation. This could be:
- A charitable or local community initiative
- New online or ecommerce solutions
- Pioneering technology
- Creation of new revenue opportunities
The panel will want to see why the initiative was introduced and how it has delivered the desired outcomes.
Reseller of the Year
This award will be presented in two categories:
- Reseller with revenues under €100 million
- Reseller with revenues over €100 million
These awards seek to recognise resellers with an emerging presence in their respective markets. The panel will discuss:
- Sales performance
- Fill rates and delivery reliability
- Success in launching new service offerings, and development of new product categories
- Relationships with trade partners/vendors
- E-commerce and M-commerce capabilities
Vendor of the Year
The winner of this award could be a well-established vendor or a small player, the panel is simply looking for vendors that set themselves apart from the competition. The panel will consider:
- Sales performance and market share gains
- Innovative, high-quality products and service-driven solutions
- Efforts to diversify product or service offering
- Supply chain performance
- Ability to provide rich data and content
- Brand strength
Wholesaler of the Year
This award recognises a dynamic wholesaler which is responding to meet the needs of an ever-changing market. The recipient of this award could be an established name or an emerging company. Judges will consider:
- Customer satisfaction levels and fill rates
- Sales and profit growth
- Strength of vendor partnerships
- Enhancements to logistics infrastructure
- E-commerce and “delivery to consumer” capabilities
- Investments in breadth of product range and brand
- Service-driven solution offering for resellers
Young Executive of the Year
The business products industry needs young and dynamic individuals to ensure its continued success. This is your chance to reward a young executive who is making a real impact in their business and has the potential to shape the future of our industry. Nominees should be under 36 years of age and can be working in any role within the business products industry.
Professional of the Year
We are looking for an exceptional individual who has consistently shown their ambition, dedication and effectiveness. The panel will consider:
- Professionalism and enthusiasm for the sector
- Leadership ability
- Direct contribution to the success of their business
This prestigious accolade acknowledges the achievements of someone truly unique who has had a significant impact on our industry. The winner will be recognised for:
- Their contribution and clear commitment to the industry
- Outstanding leadership and performance
- High level of respect and admiration from colleagues and peers
How to enter
- Complete an online entry form for each category you wish to enter
- The closing date for entries is 23 October 2018
- We accept entries from any business supplies organisation operating in Europe.
- To enter your company or product for an award, simply complete an entry form online
- You can enter as many categories as you wish and it is free to take part
- Only information provided on the entry form will be sent to the judges
- Should we require a product sample or additional information we will contact you in advance of the judging
- The shortlist will be announced on 7 December 2018.
- Winners will be announced at the EOPA presentation dinner on the 5 March 2019, at the Hotel Okura in Amsterdam.
We accept nominations in all awards categories. If you think an outstanding company or individual deserves to be recognised please email your nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org
The EOPA will be judged by a panel of executives from all industry sectors:
Dennis Albers, Purchasing & Category Director Europe, ADVEO
Jolanda de Vries, European Key Account Manager, 3M
László Fehér, Managing Director, Corwell
Paul Gouka, VP European Accounts & International, ACCO Brands Europe
Andrea Kenna, Director Merchandising Europe, Office Depot
Jeffrey-James Köhler, Key Account Director, Newell Brands International
Aidan McDonough, CEO, Integra Business Solutions
Marc Nijhof, Managing Director, ALSO International
Jonathan Smith, VP Sales Europe, Avery
Arnold Theuws, Managing Director, Quantore
Michel van Beek, President EMEA/Asia Pacific, Fellowes
Scott Walker, Director of Merchandising, Spicers-Office Team Group
Pieter Wolters, Group Category Director – Office Supplies & Technology Solutions, Staples Solutions
Awards Presentation Dinner
5 March 2019
Hotel Okura, Amsterdam
Winners will be announced at the annual EOPA Presentation Dinner on the 5 March 2019.
Held at the Hotel Okura in Amsterdam, this special evening attracts leading executives from across the industry and is a unique networking event.
To find out more or to book your tickets please email email@example.com