Keywords: OPI, office products, office supplies, business confidence, big box
OP Confidence Survey Q1 2013
OP confidence dips in Q1
Confidence about immediate future sales performance among the leading businesses operating in the global office products industry has dipped at the start of 2013, according to the OP Business Confidence Survey Q1 2013.
Last quarter 57% of OP firms were expecting year-on-year sales to be better but this figure now stands at less than half for Q1 2013. Results show that the industry was arguably overconfident going into the busy Christmas period and is now taking a more cautious approach.
Key findings from the latest OP Business Confidence Survey:
- 46% expect Q1 sales to be better than last year
- Three quarters of vendors expect no sales growth this quarter
- European market now more confident than US
- Increase in firms expecting new products to drive growth
- Buoyant Middle East and African market
For more information about OPI's OP Business Confidence Survey contact Ben Sillitoe at firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0)20 7841 2942.